The polka dot sashing between the squares.
And the final quilt top complete. The finished top measures 44"x44" with just one charm pack, some left over pink fabric, and a yard of polka dot fabric cut into strips.
Im still unsure what color to use for the binding, but I did order 1 1/2 yards of the pink flower fabric for the backing.
I finally got my darning foot in the mail from Sears. I practiced free motion top quilting with it. The top quilting was fine, but on the back of my quilt the stitches looked pulled to the side in some areas where I did a curve. Frustrating but I know it takes practice and I cant be perfect on the first try. I want to finish up this adorable baby quilt for my friend and get it mailed off to her, but I wont send a sloppy top quilted stitch just because Im anxious to get it mailed out.
In the meantime, I've been looking at a few other things to sew. I made this little handy scrap or thread caddy to hang next to me for my scraps and thread pieces.
Next up is a little purse with a zipper for my 8 year old. She's been wanting a little purse for a while now, so I thought I would sew one for her. She picked out her fabric (a green flower fabric for the outside, and a purple flower fabric for the inside), so this should be interesting lol.